Five very interesting things about moss:
1. Moss was the first plant on earth.
2. Moss don’t have roots, but rather thread-like rhizoids that help them stay snugly anchored in place.
3. While most mosses love wet habitats, some can be found in deserts and even growing underwater in the Arctic.
4. Mosses live all over the world, with over ten thousand species and counting.
5. All the moss in the world offsets more carbon than all the trees in the world!
Interesting Nature Facts is a series about the flora, fauna and places that make North America so amazing. Posts include nature photos that are short & sweet, and all about the native and naturalized wildlife that is all around us with just one or two interesting nature facts that you might not know about. If you want to find out even more, simply click on the image or links above!
Sharing and commenting via the social media links below will help me greatly, and is much appreciated.
Thank you in advance!ALL IMAGES AVAILABLE FOR PRINT OR DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!